Sunday, October 10, 2010

Where to begin?

How do you pick up blogging after not writing one tiny sentence for over 1 year? My method is going to be by jumping back in head first and pretending like the 14 months off were on purpose or something. (They weren't..I was just lazy) Here are 10 things that are new since July 2009:

1) We're homeowners
2) Kent was promoted to Creative Director at his job
3) Macy is 14 months old now, and Addie is 4.5 years old (they look so little on my blog)
4) Our pastor and my father in law were diagnosed with cancer, but both are doing remarkably well
5) I travelled to Paris and London with my mom
6) Kent made a full-length film
7) We're pregnant (22 weeks) and due February 11th
8) Drew Rabalais will be the first grandson/nephew on my side of the family
9) Drew will carry on the Rabalais name (Lord willing)
10) We are eager & thrilled to welcome our little man into our family

Being pregnant hasn't been too bad for me so far (Praise God!), but it's an interesting time of life. I've learned that women love to share their pregnancy stories, labor/delivery stories, and share all sorts of opinions about child rearing/child safety/breast feeding/products/sleep schedules/birthing plans/discipline/formula/potty training/etc/etc/etc. I do have to say that I am fascinated right now with labor/delivery stories and first 3 week survival stories. I want to know all the nitty gritty details, so the more involved the story the more you have my attention! However, I struggle with the stories that just claim it was all bliss and easy. I am sure that is true for some, but I am a sucker for those that have a few scars and battle stories. All of the child care opinions are in the end only opinions, and though learning from others is valuable, first and foremost we have to beg the Lord for wisdom in raising our son and do what we feel is best for our family. James 1:5-8 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. 7For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

I have a few other things I'd like to share, but I will save those for a different night not so far away. I end my little blog entry tonight thankful and knowing in my heart that the Lord will not fail, leave, forget, or stop loving. And, just because a blog is more interesting with a picture or video, here is one of my baby pictures shortly after coming home from the hospital. My mom says I was born with baby acne, a milk tooth, sticking up hair, and bulging eyes. Ummm, let's just hope that Drew starts out a little better looking than his mom!

6 comments:

Norm said...

yay for you blogging again! you're gonna be such a great mom!!!

The Hunters said...

so glad you are blogging again! can't wait to see pics of your sweet little man when he comes...glad you are doing well!

Kelli said...

Fun times! I didn't know you had a blog! I was so sad to miss out on having you in our group the other night - I'll be there next time! Have a great week!

Kristen said...

First of all, call me if you want to hear my delivery story. It's rather funny considering Kyle and I quit our birthing class. Second of all, I have plenty of scars/battle wounds from the first 3 MONTHS. I was constantly texting Czarina and Kelly with questions. Lastly, what the heck is a milk tooth? It just sounds gross!

Kristyn said...

Very fun post! I struggle with keeping up with my blog too! :( over, thanksgiving J and I will be in London & Paris. Would LOVE any "must see or must eat" recommendations from you!

Haley said...

I'm enjoying your return to blogging! Pregnancy is such an exciting time. I have some stories from delivery and breastfeeding, but bringing your baby home and adjusting to a new life really isn't all that hard. You will do amazing!