Friday, October 22, 2010

Giraffes, Elephants, and design...oh my!!


Sigh. I want that Jonathan Adler lamp featured in the picture above so badly for Drew's nursery. But, there is no way I would ever want us (or anyone) to spend over $300 for a table lamp...even if it is the cutest thing I have ever seen. If someone would gift me with about $5,000, I could make one killer nursery! I would get the lamp featured above, and this bedding (picture it without the awful blue pain on the wall)...


And I would get this glider...


And this changing table...



Alas, I don't want to spend $400 bedding,  I definitely don't want to spend $1300 on a glider, or $950 on a changing table!!. So, I am trying to come up with some pretty cute budget friendly ideas to incorporate some of the design elements and adorable ideas that I have found. If I knew how to make a mood board, I would post a mood board on here. However, here are a few sneak peeks at a few of the things that have been purchased (mainly by Drew's generous grandparents!).



Glider

Pillow for glider with an orange d on it for Drew
Pottery Barn classic changing table

One of several prints that will be displayed in photo collage similar to this one

I will not be starting to really work on our nursery until after our baby showers in November. I still need a guest room for in-laws until then. I will be hopefully creating some type of make-shift guest room in the little office we have in our house. I am thinking of purchasing this as the bed so that there is still plenty of room for the bookshelves and computer desk.



Stay tuned for more nursery decor to come in the upcoming months. Oh, and who knew there were so many fabulous nursery decorating blogs! I love technology. 

No comments: