Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I know this much is true...

In college I read a book by Wally Lamb called, I Know This Much is True. I love the title, and the book was entertaining although a little twisted. Anyway, this entry has nothing to do with books, but instead an updated (click here for one 2 years ago) favorite things post..pregnancy style. My top 5 favorite things from the last 22 weeks that I hope will help me endure the next 18 weeks.

1. Snoogle: An amazing pregnancy pillow that supports your entire body!! I was just entering in the stages of uncomfortable sleep when my friend Jill brought me her Snoogle. This pillow is amazing!



2. Zantac: There are many body issues that accompany pregnancy that I haven't had to deal with (yet!), but I have not been spared from heartburn. Zantac to the rescue! It's the only thing that I have found that truly works.



3. Simply Orange: Right now this is like manna from heaven. I don't know why, but it sounds good at any point in the day and I look forward to that first cup every morning. No other orange juice quite does the trick...Simply Orange has my heart.



4. Old Navy Maternity Skinny Jeans: I was skeptical as I made the online purchase, but once they arrived I instantly knew why the reviews of the jeans were so good. They're not as tight as normal skinny jeans and they provide the comfy maternity panel, but allow you to still look slightly modern even in pregnancy. I am eager for the weather to turn cooler so that I can wear these with boots!!



5. Forever 21 accessories: I decided that my pregnancy style would be plain shirts accompanied with cardigans and accessories. My stylish friend, Lauren Borgeson, met me at Forever 21 and helped me pick out 5 necklaces that will go with lots of different outfits. For $30.00 I was able to by 5 necklaces and 1 pair of earrings!! Who cares if it falls apart later, right now they are helping me spice up a round belly and plain shirts. Here is one example:


There are a few other things that I have enjoyed (can you say sweatpants), but those above are definitely in the top 5. I am thankful I am pregnant in 2010 where there are many options that combine style and comfort.

Stay tuned, there may be another entry coming later this week.

2 comments:

Sum said...

Is it bad if I want to borrow that pillow and the prego jeans? they both look so comfy!!!

yeah for blogging!

Jill Curtis said...

I LOVE you and this blog of yours! I'm glad you are enjoying the pillow:)
Jill
p.s. I Know This Much is True is one of my top 5 favorite books of all time, Wally Lamb being one of my fave authors!