Sunday, July 26, 2009

Neighbors, Word-Eating, and Macy

I have a million things to blog about, but I am only going to choose 3.

1) I just met (today!) a new neighbor named Jane. She is in her 70's and cute as a button. I am thinking about making her cookies and maybe get to know her a little better. I have always wanted an old woman neighbor to take care of!!

2) My beautiful friend Summer has a hilarious blog post that I decided to copy. She listed the 10 things she swore she would never do and is now eating her words, and then the 10 things that she still swears she will never do (and will probably eat her words). If you know Summer, the list is completely true and funny! Here is my list:

Things I said I would never do, but ended up doing:

1. Getting on Facebook
2. Watching movies like Lord of the Rings (and loving it!!)
3. Watching LOST
4. Watching The Office
5. Talking in voices and using ridiculous names with my husband
6. Wearing Skinny Jeans
7. Enjoying Yoga
8. Wearing leggings
9. Liking popular bands like U2 and Coldplay

Things I still swear I will never do (but may end up eating my words):

1. Watch and enjoy Starwars
2. Eat pickled things (sick)
3. Dye my hair dark
4. Natural Childbirth (copied from Sum's, yep don't feel a call to that one)
5. Learn to smile with my eyes and model walk (though I wish I could)
6. Wear heartbutt jeans (yep the clause was permanent)
7. Drive a minivan (though I can see how this may be necessary :)
8. Enjoy swimming as exercise
9. Allow my kid to use a pacifier beyond 1 year of age (it's weird to me when 3 and 4 year olds still use them...not to mention terrible for their speech development!)
10. Washing my hair everyday

3) Finally, the most important thing...here are pics of my new beautiful niece Macy Elizabeth Seidel!







That's all for now..oh, and I love and appreciate my husband..he is currently fixing fuses on my car. My least favorite thing to do is deal with car stuff, and he takes care of it all! Thanks Babe!

7 comments:

shanna said...

Your list is HILARIOUS! If you ever want to learn to "smile with your eyes & model walk" I can teach you...I used to compete in pageants. :)

Sum said...

I totally agree with # 8 & 9 on the second list! and I cant wait for you to wash your hair everyday. it will happen!!!

p.s. I secretly love that you copied my blog post! let's make all our blog friends do it!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Just read my comment on Summer's post and insert your name:)

Jane Jane said...

I just read your He is not safe but He is good blog. What a precious family you have and so apparently love the Lord. I found your blog through google because I was looking up the line about Aslan. My husband is a pastor and I live in Portland Oregon but grew up in Texas. Thanks for being a great witness for Jesus!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.