Sunday, October 31, 2010

Warning: PDA

In August of 2007, a friend of friends walked up to me and asked me out. Three years later we are married and expecting our first child. I couldn't be more blessed. Today is his 32nd birthday.

Dating fall of 2007
Engaged in February 2008

Married in July 2008
Summer 2010

Fall 2010 (expecting our 1st child)


32 things I love about my sweet husband:

1. He love Jesus Christ more than he loves me
2. He is passionate 
3. He has a sweet tooth and loves to eat yummy treats
4. He lets me put my cold feet on his legs to warm them up
5. He loves the Baylor Bears and Dallas Cowboys through thick and thin
6. He likes coming home
7. He leads me well and calls out my sin
8. He loves watching movies and the whole movie experience
9. He is excited to have a son, and hopes great things for him
10. He doesn't expect me to cook every night
11. He thinks Valentine's Day is silly (and so do I)
12. He longs to help hurting/broken people
13. He takes care of my car
14. He loves a variety of music and makes great playlists
15. He looks good when he doesn't shave for a few days
16. He answers my theology questions
17. He exposed me to the greatness of LOST, How I met your Mother, & The Office
18. He tells me he loves me at least 10x per day
19. He sends thoughtful text messages and emails just because
20. He is creative
21. He has lots of nicknames for me
22. He begs the Lord for Drew's salvation
23. He goes to bed at the same time as me, even though he would prefer to stay up much later
24. He is an amazing cook, especially on the grill
25. He was open minded about sushi, and now loves it as much as me
26. He is great with children
27. He yells at the TV during football and basketball games
28. He gives his opinion in decorating our home, but let's me make the final decision
29. He judges every mexican food restaurant by their salsa and beef fajitas
30. He serves in our home and church
31. He is an excellent communicator, and asks great questions
32. He walks in the truth, freedom, and hope of the gospel, but longs to know more daily


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet post. The Lord has been good to you in giving you such a servant-hearted, loving husband...they are truly rare. Plus, y'all look super cute together! :) Happy Birthday, Kent!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kay said...

What a beautiful blog! I am so thankful for all that God has done in Kent's life.He is blessed to have a beautiful Christian wife. I know you both will be loving Christian parents.
Love,
Kay