Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday: I know this much is true

I decided that I would do a "favorite things" post weekly. I like the title I used last week of I know this much is true, so that will be my weekly title for favorite things. The title is appropriate because the things I use/enjoy/like probably change, so this is all I know true today (on a surface level..not the real truth that never changes). Today's I know this much is true is all about beauty products. The top 5 today are:

1. L'Oreal's Voluminous Mascara: I have tried MANY other mascaras that range in prices from cheaper to much more expensive, but in my opinion you will always have great lashes with this $6.99 product.


2. Kiehl's Body Balm: Now this item falls in the pricey range, it's about $40 for a giant tub of amazingness. I had a fear of the itchy skin and potential stretch marks that potentially accompany pregnancy. Some of the itchy skin has reared it's head and stretch marks may follow (TMI?) later on, but so far this stuff leaves my skin feeling amazing. In my first trimester I thought it smelled like minty pickles, which was a definite issue if you know how much I loathe pickles. But, I think that was all in my head, because now I look forward to putting it on nightly. It's amazing, and the tub will last you several months.


3. Dirty Secret Dry Shampoo: There is some controversy about this next product. Many people have experienced (me included) the dry shampoo actually evaporate in the bottle without using it. However, in it's defense this has only happened to me twice and if you buy it at Ulta and this happens they always replace the can. Anyway, this product allows me to only wash my hair 2-3 times per week, which will be very useful once the little bambino arrives.


4. Moroccan Oil: My previous hair dresser introduced me to this lovely product. Add a quarter sized amount to your hair before blow drying and wa-lah..your hair is fabulous. I mean, you still have to go through your normal styling routine but this product cuts your drying time and adds something fabulous to your hair.  I suggest buying the bigger bottle, you save money in the long run.




5.  Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer: In the past I only used powder, but felt like I needed more coverage. I was hesitant in making the jump to foundation in fear of looking overdone or cake-y (if you use foundation, no offense..this is just how I felt for me). So, this tinted moisturizer was a great solution. After I wash my face in the morning and use just a dab of my regular moisturizer, (which I also love, but more on that later) I use a very small amount of this. It provides enough coverage to give me the look I want, but not so much that I feel like I am overdoing it. Also, I bought this in August and I have only used about 1/4 of it. If you use it sparingly, it will last a long time! I am sad I am already on my final product, so maybe next week will be beauty products part 2.


Anyway, I know that I have had a sudden revival of my blog, but it's been so fun. Everyone that hasn't posted in over 6 months...start posting today, we all want to read your lovely thoughts!!

No comments: