Sunday, November 07, 2010

Meal Plan Sunday



In February of 2008, my husband and I were engaged and began working out together and eating healthy. We called this our LGN (look good naked) plan before we were to be married in July 2008. We were diligent and disciplined, and as July came around...we looked really good. So much to the point that my wedding dress was too big (yay going down a size), and Kent's suit jacket was too small through the shoulders (yay muscles!).  Since we have been married, I maintained my regular 3-4 day per week workout and ate moderately healthy. I have done enough to maintain my usual weight and size. Kent is blessed with amazing metabolism, and doesn't really have to watch what he eats or doesn't need exercise to look good. 

Then, enter pregnancy season. I, by no means have let myself go, but now I only workout lightly 1-2 days per week and allow myself more treats than normal knowing that I only have a few months to enjoy food I don't typically eat before having to return to my typical diet to get the pregnancy weight off. 


Even more importantly than how we look, we know the importance of treating our bodies well and eating healthy. Kent has recently been convicted on the importance of eating healthy and maintaining an active lifestyle especially as he enters parenthood. He is beginning P90X in a few days, but meanwhile we are implementing more healthy foods into our diet (while not going crazy and only eating lettuce). So, here is our meal plan for this week

Lunch: 

M: Grilled chicken salad (I make it w/ a ton of veggies: red pepper, edamame, avocado, lettuce, tomato, green onion, etc.)
T: Chicken and broccoli 
W: Turkey Wrap with avocado. lettuce and sprouts, barbeque pop chips, fruit
TH: Leftover flank steak/snow peas
F: Salmon with salad

Dinner:

M: Kent work dinner, Kristen: Quinoa with black beans and tomatoes
T: Pasta in olive oil with lots of veggies
Th: Salmon,  asparagus, brown rice

Our breakfasts will include oatmeal, eggs, fruit. Snacks are going to include protein bars, yogurt, fruit, and nuts (within moderation). I still will have my occasional pregnancy treats (sweet stuff, Fuzzy's tacos, etc) for the next few months, and then once little Drew is here I will kiss most sugar and other treats goodbye as I work off the excess weight. Haven't decided what my workouts will look like come February or March, for the first few weeks it will be whatever I can handle between lack of sleep and learning to be a mom. :) Our motivation is no longer LGN, but maybe NHL (normal healthy living). 

No comments: