Monday, June 29, 2009

June 29th..already!

I can't believe it's already the end of June! My intentions have been to post a couple times per week. Not because a lot of people read my blog, but because I really enjoy posting little things here and there. I think this is the beginning of week four of my summer break. My favorite activities of the summer have been:

1. Getting my hair cut shorter...it's much cooler and it is fun to change things up (No, I have no pictures..YET!)
2. Spending time with friends by the pool
3. Not going to bed at 9:30 pm and waking up at 4:45 am
4. Having as much time as I want to read my bible and journal in the mornings
5. Writing

Number 5 is what I want to briefly talk about. I have always loved to write. You can read my first blog post about my love for writing. So, this summer I am trying to spend at least a couple hours everyday writing something. I am doing some technical writing for The Village, as well as working on some ideas I have for a children's series. I have no clue if anything will come from any of it, but I am having a lot of fun right now!

Recently I have read several books from renown authors on the craft of writing, and most all of them say write something everyday and read A LOT! Last summer I shared some of the books I enjoyed on here , and wanted to do the same this summer. I try to keep the Shelfari link on the right hand side of my blog some what updated, but here a few of my favorite recent reads.





















I am going to try to get better about blogging and incorporating some of my writing into my blog. We shall see what the Lord does with it all.

2 comments:

Kristyn said...

Do you ever read the LPM blog? This post made me think of a book recommendation that Beth Moore posted about and thought it might interest you.

Here's what she wrote:
"I read the coolest book recently by Jerry Jenkins called Writing for the Soul and it's penned specifically to writers OR to those who think there might be a writer deep inside somewhere. If that's you, you ought to think about grabbing a copy. I think you'd be so blessed. I read constantly but I can't say I've ever read anything specifically on writing before. I enjoyed it like crazy."

Norm said...

Are you reading Harry Potter? I have read the entire series about 5 times (dork-I know). Most entertaining books ever.