Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Watermelons, Sushi, Shopping and Jazz

I TURNED 26!! My sweet God knows my favorite things and gave me a little taste of each of them to celebrate my entry into a new year. Enjoy the fun pictures.

The celebration began a few weeks early with a fun pool party at Summer's house. It was complete with volley ball, cannon balls, and wiffle ball. The watermelon ended up in the pool at least 100 times, prank calling was somehow involved, and Kevin Bailey ripped a phone book in half. It was truly a great day!


The girls...

The following Sunday I went with two of my favorite people to an Etta James, Al Green, and BB King concert. The show was awesome and we had a great time!! Just know that if you ever see this group of amazing singers the show will be OVER 5 HOURS LONG!


Jonathan and Lindsey



On my actual birthday we headed to Denton to see Kimberly's new house and enjoy some sushi and ice cream (two of the greatest foods on earth). Bex had everyone write some kind of poem, cheer, etc as my gift. I couldn't have asked for anything better!!! Picture Sara Duran doing a cheer in the middle of the Square in Denton. She spelled T-I-M-E, because she gave me a subscription to Time Magazine (something I have been wanting for a long time). Bex and Lindsey wrote out poems that were sweet and hilarious. I was going to post them, but they are covered in inside jokes that wouldn't be interesting to anyone else. Thank you to all of you for your sincerity and your friendship.





Finally, last weekend Lindsey Brittain and I went to Chicago to see my best friend, Claude and go to a Chris Botti and Diana Krall concert. It was one of the greatest weekends ever. Ladies, Claude is a complete gentleman and a romancer...someone catch him! We dined a fancy restaurants, went shopping, and laughed a lot...but the best thing that happened was the concert. In the past year I have grown this intimate spot in my heart for jazz, so I couldn't have asked for a more perfect present! Download some of their songs, they are incredible!!! Claude, thank you for everything this weekend. For the past 13 years you have been there through all ups and downs of life and I couldn't ask for a better friend. Lindsey, you are my friend. My real friend. Someone who gets me and still loves me. Someone who sees through my perceptions into the heart of who I am..the good and bad. Thanks for making me laugh, praying for me, and letting me be an over-planner, controlling and uptight :P.


Claude and I


Lindsey and I


Diana Krall Concert



To all of my sweet friends who purchased gifts, treated me to lunch or dinner, wrote out cards, or called/emailed/text...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

6 comments:

Lauren Williams said...

aw so fun!

Kent said...

You had such a diverse birthday. Good stuff.

Sum said...

i didnt know you were going to that concert!!! i am so jealous, i had been eyeing those tickets for a while but opted out.

happy late birthday LUVA.

Lindsey Brittain said...

Your birthday this year was more like a festival of sorts. =) Love you!

Them Chandlers said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!

chavon taylor said...

i missed it all!!! sorry love. this has been the most insane time of my life ever... love you!