Saturday, March 07, 2009

Can you say, random?

I try to steer clear of big news stories of murders or kidnappings. If I read one article about it, I am hooked and will then follow the trials, the new evidence, etc. I should have done that with the Caylee Anthony story.



Instead I watched a news story after they found her little body, and I have been following it ever since. If you don't know the story, just google it and you will find more information than you care to know. Her mom is standing trial in the killing of her baby girl, after months and months of claiming the child was missing. During those months Casey Anthony partied a lot (you can find pictures and stories of that too) and didn't look too concerned with the whereabouts of her daughter. It breaks my heart. As I sit and blog, I pray for Casey Anthony. I pray that she understands the gospel and it's saving power. I pray that she is broken hearted and repentant for her sin (whether she committed the crime or not). I pray she trust Jesus Christ, and that her life is forever changed. She doesn't deserve salvation, but neither do I.

On a lighter note, I have to admit a guilty pleasure of mine...America's Next Top Model! The new season just started on Wednesday, and though Tyra (aka "the goddess of fierce") is ridiculous, I love the show! I love seeing the creativity of the different photoshoots. I love the panel. I especially love the makeover episode. I could do without their house drama, but other than that I'm in. Judge me if you want to (I think Kent does, he leaves the room every time it's on), but I am a fan of ANTM!

4 comments:

Haley said...

I love it when you blog! I like ANTM too, and I have to agree that Tyra is ridiculous, but the photo shoots are so amazing - they look like nothing and then these great pictures come out of it.

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

"Smile with your eyes!"

Dawntoya and Adam said...

I have been following the Caylee Anthony story from the odd beginning. So sad. I try to pray for her mom instead of being so mad, but sometimes looking at my own babies face I cant stop feeling anything but angry or sad:(

Nat Pat said...

that is not a good look for tyra.