Friday, July 13, 2007

Which one of you stole the picture??

There have been several requests for the 4th grade picture to be posted on here. To those of you who have seen it you know why people would want this posted...it is truly HILARIOUS!! However, there are two small problems: 1) I have not sat down to figure out how to post pictures on here (anyone want to volunteer to help) and 2) I cannot find it!! Last night I looked in all of the places that stuff like that usually is kept and it is no where to be found. So, for now you will have to use your imaginations. Close your eyes and picture blond hair cut above the ears and the same length around the entire circumference of the head. Blue eyes peering out from under bushy eyebrows that touched in the center, and teeth that protruded slightly past the lip. For school picture day she chose a navy blue button down shirt with gold paisleys. You may think this is an exageration, but on more than one occasion the picture has been mistaken for a boy (thank you Jason Clarke). In order to remedy the physical appearance the teeth required a year of wearing a headgear (yes, the contraption that extends from inside the mouth to around the face and to the back of the head) and two more years with braces. The eyebrows that to this day are consistently plucked and threaded to keep the shape, were once shaved off entirely in an effort minimize their uni-brow effect...That was 7th grade, and when my math teacher asked allowed in front of the entire class why I looked different today, Christy Mungia (class bully) yelled, "because she shaved her face off this morning." The hair was treated by my best friend, Amber, who attempted to girli-fy it by encouraging me to borrow her headbands and bows as it slowly grew out.

Though this is fun to laugh at now, it would be kinda nice to return to those days of being oblivious to appearance. For as long as I can remember my dad has always told me I was beautiful on the inside and out, oddly enough I must have actually believed him for the first 9 years of my life. Though I am glad the buck teeth and mushroom haircuts are gone, it would be nice to return to the days where vanity and comparison didn't exist, and the only opinion that mattered was my Father's. "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well." Psalm 139: 13-14.

7 comments:

Sum said...

did you shave it all off or put little horizontal lines in it like the gangsters did when I was in 7th grade?

Bex said...

i promise i did not steal it. FIND IT, KRISTY!! the blogging world needs to see that miracles DO happen.

Nat Pat said...

hey- no shame. headgears really do work wonders. thank goodness we weren't friends back then or our joint awkwardness would have collapsed the universe. i had the gigantic lavender glasses as big as my face with the big front teeth and mile high bangs. It didn't help that I always wore like eight scrunchees either.

chavon taylor said...

i could draw this photo for you because it is forever burned into my memory. classic!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

I'm with Natalie. I had a perm..with strawberry blonde hair, resulting in a large resemblance to ANNIE. Kill me, kill me now.

Those Tonnes said...

Haven't seen you in awhile, hope you are doing well. Kristen Tonne

Kent said...

Kristen, you must not want this picture on the internet. You know who to ask if you still don't know how to technically. Please let me know when it's time.