Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Tuesday: I Know this Much is True

Today's entry will be short, but since I have missed a few favorite things entries I figured a short post is better than no post at all! The favorite things today is my five favorite blogs/websites I have visited today. I am a website/blog regular, so I manage reading blogs on Google Reader. These are just my favorites TODAY, check back with me tomorrow and it would all be different. Click on the name to follow the link.

1. Paul Matthies' blog: Paul was a former pastor at The Village, and he now lives and works in Korea. He is an amazing man of God, and I was encouraged by his most recent blog entry. Happiness and joy...a good reminder/lesson for me.

2. Kimberly Hughes blog: Kim is married to Beau Hughes who is the campus pastor for The Village in Denton. They love the Lord, love children, and want to reach unreached people. Her blog this morning left me reminded that I am chosen by God, not because of my goodness but because of His love. Christ alone restores me and reconciles me.

3. The Pioneer Woman: I check her blog and use her recipes frequently. If you haven't made her Lasagna, I highly recommend it. However, she recently did a post about Christmas cookie decorating. One of the Christmas traditions that Kent and I have enjoyed for the last 3 years is making and decorating Christmas cookies, decorating our Christmas tree, and watching our favorite Christmas movies. The cookies we make are good, but they are not pretty See picture below for proof. Maybe I will try some of the tips on PW's blog.

4. Project Nursery: I like looking at how people decorate their nursery, and this website allows regular people to upload pictures of their nursery, birthday parties, and showers. It is a lot of fun to look and get ideas.

5. Samaritan's Purse: This is an easy way to give a Christmas gift to someone less fortunate. I created a shoe box in less than 5 minutes, and I was able to even write a personal note to the receiving child. If you have $35 and 5 minutes visit this website and make a gift box for a less fortunate child this Christmas.

I could keep listing blogs/websites for you to check, but I will not overwhelm you today. Enjoy reading...I hope you are either encouraged, inspired, and provoked to deeper thinking/living. Oh, and if you haven't read Matt's blog from last week..you definitely need to read it as well.

No comments: