Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Who's Who..and other random fun...

My sweet husband has been super busy at work lately, so much that at times he has to do an hour plus writing at night. Me, trying to be the quiet wife, busies herself with reading or being on the internet. Though I received the final book of the Twilight series in the mail today (and have already plunged through 50+ pages:)is choosing the internet...aka blogging (like the new background???). Here is some random fun...

Can you tell which one is the Kent part of Kentsten and which one is the Kristen part? Pretty tough, huh. Or maybe we are actually the same person and this whole marriage thing is actually some deep twisted thing with a weird outcome. What?




Next, it's been a long time since I have posted anything of my adorable niece, Addie. Here she is on our day trip to Selado a few weeks ago. (She is trying to mimic the things next to her in the pictures)





And here she is singing her version of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star...http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif


Despite what my wife-in-training mentor thought (understand her skepticism on my Wifey 101 post), I have actually been cooking...and ENJOYING it! I don't feel like posting all the recipes right now...I will do that another day, but here are two of the recipes I have tried. This first one was a recommendation from Dawntoya . If you like spicy things, you will love this dish! Get the recipe here.

One of my favorite things I tried so far was low fat crab cakes.

Get that recipe here.
I served that with Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
I found this recipe on a blog...she has a lot of good stuff I want to try!

Sara Duran was our Tuesday night dinner guest this week, and she brought all of her old Cooking Light magazines which will hopefully turn into lots of delicious meals!

Okay, Kent is still busy, but I must get back to my Vampire Saga. More to come later...

6 comments:

Czarina said...

Yipee! I am so glad you are back in the blogging world. I am sorry I had to leave the wedding early - we had a party for my mom that night too to celebrate her becoming a citizen.
You were breathtaking - and the picture of Kent on this blog does not do him justice - what a HUNK!!

I move back to Dallas Sunday :-) but will be studying for my licensing exam :-( But, that does mean I will be in driving distance away from you and we can't go on like this...we need to re-meet each other. I have tons of recipes and marriage stories.
Love you friend.
**Yes - I am posting at 6am my time - I have my final tomorrow and have been up 2 hours already**

The Taylor's said...

VAMPIRE BOOKS?!??! ummm my scary unibomber students in Dallas used to read those books. should i be concerned??

Bex said...

mmmmmm!!! those sweet tater fries (that's Graham-ese talk) sound super good.

love the new blog look!!

Sum said...

Yes Chavon, vampire books. I tried everything, but she still insists.

but WAY TO GO on the cooking!! a long way from the egg whites and turkey bacon that I saw every time I entered 1031.

B-HO said...

YAY!!FOR RECIPES!!I AM GETTIN TIRED OF FRIED CHICKEN ALL THE TIME--AND I am praying you get delivered from this VAMPIRE thing---IN JESUS NAME!!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Love the background and the post. Keep cooking! I need to try those crab cakes.