Sunday, February 17, 2008

Way out of order, and way overdue...

I know it is almost March, but I never posted any Christmas pictures...and when you have a niece as cute as mine, you have to post Christmas pictures. So, this will be short and sweet (those that know me well are laughing, because my blogs are never short). Christmas 2007/New Year's Celebration 2008. Enjoy!

Picture this. 3 adults, 1 baby, 1 dog, luggage for everyone, Christmas presents for both our family and Wes' family all in 1 car on the 7 hour drive from Dallas to Corpus. How do you get the baby to stay happy? You load up on DVDs for her to watch and feed her complete junk food. Here she is eating a gas station corny dog. Please note that my sister is an amazing mom and never feeds Addie like this. Desperate times call for desperate measures.


My mom and I LOVE Scrabble!! We played 3 times over the week I was home. This night, my brother-in-law, Wes, decided to team up with my mom and play 2 against 1. They won...barely...and they cheated, they think you can write out words on a piece of paper to help you brainstorm. Um, I think that is called CHEATING.



Christmas Morning





I received some great gifts. Cute shoes, money, perfume, etc, etc. One of my favorites were these new silk pajamas from my sister. Below, one of my not-so-favorites. Mom thought I would LOVE this jacket thing, yikes Mom...thanks for trying though.



This is Kent teaching my mom to text message. I wasn't expecting Kent to come down to my parent's house, but on Thursday night he arrived!! I now know it was to ask my parents if he could marry me. If you know my dad, you would applaud Kent for having the guts to ask him!




My sister modeling her new jacket...




Cousin's House





Finally New Year's. This was the greatest NY celebration of my life. We went to Crystal Beach (Galveston). Everyone could do whatever they wanted...sleep, read, play games, spend time alone, etc. It was great!!





8 comments:

lauren b said...

oh gosh!! addie is so cute! i laughed so hard at that corny dog/cheetos picture!!

Bex said...

orange is DEFINITELY your color. i expect to see you wear that every day.

Sum said...

great post. That orange jacket is amazing. and you are hot.

Nat Pat said...

car trips, airplane rides, it's all about keeping the toddler happy. whatever it takes!
fun pictures.

Dawntoya and Adam said...

KRISTEN!!!! Although I love this blog we gotta work on getting those pictures turned around the right way AAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDD you better watch your back! You threw me under the bus with the porky pig boxers and cuddle duds...I'll be watching and waiting....

Melanie "Meme" Burris said...

It's funny how cheetos make the world better...

Lauren Williams said...

1. i love your poker face at the game table
2. addie is the cutest human- i am asking for one of those next christmas! that corn dog pictures is TOO FUNNY
3. i LOVE megans jacket. too bad about your orange one!! ha!

Lindsey Brittain said...

Ohh the Porky Pig boxers...hahaha.

I think I hurt my neck trying to look at these pics. =)