Friday, February 29, 2008

Tagged...Again

I was tagged by Rebekah to complete one of these little survey deals. Now that I am getting married maybe I can go back and complete that one that was going around for a few months about husbands. Who takes the trash out, which side of the bed we sleep on, how he proposed, etc. Isn't it funny how we are fascinated by other people's lives. I think like anything there can be a healthy interest and then it can bleed over to gossip...it's a fine line!! I think that is why we are consumed with celebrity gossip...the television shows, the magazines, the websites...we are fascinated. I wonder if we actually ever stop to pray for those people...yikes, I know I forget a lot. Today I had lunch with one of my best friends from college. We lived together our senior year at Tech and one of our favorite things to do was to go get coffee at Barnes and Noble and read People and Us. We figured out today that it has been 5 years since we were in college. Now almost everyone is married (me in July and her in November) and some even expecting babies now (congrats to Summer and Kelly!!). I was supposed to be filling out a survey and suddenly it turned into my rambling. Anyway...


10 years ago:

-I was a junior in high school
-I was driving a 1988 Grand-Am
-I was recovering from my second knee surgery
-I was dating a guy named Chris Dupree (I thought I would marry him because he was a pastor, I really thought I wanted to be a pastor's wife...so I only dated guys that had that intention. ha, ha)


Things on my to-do list today:
-complete paperwork for kids in LISD and for my private clients
-go see Adam (my 26 year old down's client...we're working on increasing his length of utterence so that he can be more functional at his job at Tinsel Town)
-Decide which wedding invitations I like
-Mail my dad a card just because
-Go eat with Kent, Geoff, and Heather before Film and Theology (Luther!!)


What I would do if I suddenly became a billionaire
-Pay all of my debt and Kent's debt
-Pay my parents back for college & my wedding
-Take my mom and sister to a week long spa
-Shop
-Give to someone who really needs it but wasn't expecting it
-Buy a house
-Travel
-Adopt a child from Africa
-Give to someone who doesn't deserve it
-Save...

Three of my bad habits:
-Picking at my nails
-Overplanning and overscheduling
-Coffee (specifically a venti 2 pump toffee nut americano from Starbucks)


Five jobs I have had:
-Waitress at Outback
-Book filer at Texas Tech Health Science Center library (yes, it was as boring as it sounds)
-Jason Clarke's assistant (ha, ha!)
-TA for my graduate advisor at UTD
-Speech Pathologist


Five things people don't know about me:
-I wake up at 4:45
-I like to read Time magazine when I have a chance
-That I smashed the screen on my brand new Apple MacBook 2 weeks after getting it (then sweet Kent helped me fix it and then we fell in love :)
-That I will spend my wedding night at The Mansion on Turtle Creek as Mrs. Rabalais
-That I would love to go skiing in Switzerland

Oh, I tag Kelly Tarro, Czarina (sorry girls, now that you're bloggers you have to play the game) and Kent

3 comments:

Sum said...

your blogs always make me laugh. (except the part about waking up at 4:45 am)

:))

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Totally rambled at the beginning, haha geez, but you wouldnt be Kristen if you didnt...you're so in love.

Bex said...

the girl is IN.LOVE. !!!