Monday, October 29, 2007

Angie's (not so) Adventurous Adventures

Last Monday morning the alarm clock rang at 4:40 a.m., and 7 minutes later I stumbled out the door to meet Duran at the gym. The rest of the morning fell into the typical routine of quickly getting dressed, downing some Fiber One cereal, spending some time with Jesus, and finally rushing out the door armed with the bag I lug to work each day and my fabulous oversized brown purse. Mondays and Fridays are Starbucks days (ok, sometimes Wednedays too) so I have to be out the door by 7:26 a.m. in order to get my hit of caffeine and make it to work by 7:40. If you are not a math person, that means that I can get coffee and make it to work in 14 minutes! Praise God for answered prayers of driving a 6 mile radius everywhere I go. I slid in the door of Garden Ridge Elementary with 20 minutes to spare before the energy of children crashed into my serene environment of checking my email and getting materials ready for the day.

What's missing in this scenario?

Angie.

Where was Angie?

Oh, here she is...

The bottom of my purse.

I tried. I purposefully put her in the bottom of my purse on Sunday night, so that I would remember her on Monday morning. But, let's be honest. Who has the cognition and the humor at 7:26 a.m. on the first day of the work week, to pile up pillows to take pictures of a stupid wooden angel (Sorry, Ang!)? Not me. I did invite her out with some of my students on Monday. Here she is with my favorite 5th grade boys.


Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday...all the same story. She rode in my passenger seat at the bottom of my purse. I would remember around 10 am that I was supposedly documenting her adventures and then bring her out. Here she is with little Chelby and enjoying Shane & Shane's new album.



Angie was supposed to be in this picture too, but Chelby kept moving her away from the camera too fast.



I admit when I fail, and I most definitely failed in the payment of losing this bet. Angie did not wave to a single passing car, she was not invited as the 3rd wheel on Thursday night date night, and didn't participate in our Home Group retreat on Friday.

Bex, you win. Don't change the locks or have us evicted from Timber Ridge.

Love, Kristen and Angie

5 comments:

Bex said...

i won.

Sum said...

this is hilarous. a few thoughts:

1. i dont want to ever read again that your alarm went off at 4:40 am.

2. your brown purse IS fabulous.

3. at least you didnt break angie's head off by putting her in your ginormous purse. then you would have alot more explaining to do.

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Ah...the humble comments of Bex. I still like the non adventures of Angie.

Lauren Williams said...

I MISS YOU!!! i am jealous of angies QT with you!!

Kent said...

Haha...nice. So many adventures not documented. She still can't have my seat either. She is a great singer.