Monday, August 13, 2007

School days are here again

Though I made big promises of consistently blogging to rediscover my passion for writing, it hasn't happened nearly as much as I thought. Thursday I start working full-time again. So, before I am off to the real world again, I thought I would add a few pictures from the summer months.

The summer began with a trip to Chicago with my sister. One of my best friends from high school lives there, and so we thought it would be a perfect "sister-only" trip. Though are destination was Chicago, we found ourselves in Las Vegas for a few hours due to our flight being canceled to Chicago. Through a few fortunate events we ended up at The Venetian for the night...COMPLETELY FREE!! Here are a few pics of the room.






Though Vegas was an adventure, we were eager to get to our destination. The trip was filled with fun, shopping, sightseeing, eating amzing food, tatoos, and on and on.






While we were sitting in the airport waiting for our flight back to Dallas, we received news that our uncle had passed away. Though it wasn't a fun reason to spend the next week at home with mom and dad, it was good to see family. Here are a few pics of my niece at Cita and Papa's house (that is what their "grandparent" names are :).




The following weekend was a gift from my good friend, Lindsey. She bought us tickets for the John Mayer concert for an early birthday present for me. Love me some good John Mayer! Thanks, Linds.






Oh, these last pics prove how we really are grandmas.

July was just as busy and fun. I spent a lot of time working for de CLARKE (www.declarke.com) and doing private therapy. At the end of the month, Summer and I escaped to Memphis to see Dawnie!!! I will spare all the pics since Summer stole the pics I took and put them on her blog :).




Somewhere in there Bex and I had time to crash Josh Patterson's pedicure!



Haiti Now was a big event put on by some of our good friends. God is doing major work in Haiti (www.haitinow.com) and we all were able to witness the documentary they produced. Later in August a group of 20 will go to Haiti to be used by the Lord. Pray for them. Here are the 6 of us that piled in a VW bug.




In August I was asked go to Southern California for the Connecting Ministry. I wrestled with God a lot on that decision, but finally decided that if someone had to go to San Diego and Los Angeles, I would be the one to go! So, at the beginning of August I boarded the plane with Sara Duran and Shanah Brown and then met up with two girls from Austin Stone Church and Watermark Community Church. I was the driver through out the trip, and I drove 6 people all through roads I've never been on in this car.




I realize I don't use my camera enough to capture all the amazing things God allows me be apart of. For instance, Wednesday afternoons were reserved for dates with my niece. We ate Bahama Bucks, went to the pet store, and spent time in the pool. My favorite thing about the summer is that time with God could actually extend past 45 minutes in the morning since I didn't have to rush off to work, and if I decided to spend the day in shorts and a t-shirt I could!! However, we all know that there is a time for everything, and it is now time for me to go back to work. I am thrilled about driving 6 minutes to work and acutally living and working in the same community. Updates on here will still be a priority, especially if it is my pass to read all of your blogs!!!

6 comments:

Lindsey Brittain said...

Cute Kris...thanks for the Summer 2007 play by play....and the lovely pic of me snoozing....while sitting up apparently...that's talent. =)

Lauren Williams said...

i LOVE big nice hotel rooms!!!! i could walk around in that big fluffy complementary robe all day! haha!! you have had a pretty full summer girl! i am so happy for your 6 mile drive to work!! YESSSSS!

Those Tonnes said...

looks like you had a great summer!

Sum said...

i KNOW, i am SORRY i stole the pics. you know how crazy I was about graceland!!!!!

you had a fun summer. GEEZE! i am jealous in a Godly way.

Bex said...

awww, chuck! this was a fun summer for you!! love it.

Nat Pat said...

i love that you just sold out my husband. may the Lord continue to humble him in various ways.