Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Wheredyago??

So being in 12 weddings as a bridesmaid (I wonder if I can list them all: Megan, Sara F., Kelly, Sarah B., Czarina, Kristen W., Lauren W., Shelly, Dawntoya, Lauren F., Melissa, and soon to be Chev) did not prepare me adequately for planning my own and preparing to become a wife. You hear and/or witness the busy times, the moving, the premarital counseling, the learning how to deal with new a new family, budgeting together etc, etc, but I didn't get it until I entered it myself. Currently I am laying on a bed that is not mine, in a room that is not mine, and living in a house that I do not pay rent or a mortgage for...I am officially living with Steven and Glo Gaddis (and Roommate, aka Bex). That is just one of the minor changes that has occurred in recent months. We officially move out of Timber Ridge tomorrow night with the help of Kent, Abe (Bex's brother), and Matt McCauley's Home Group. Bex and Kris will officially no longer reside in the Flo Mo ghetto. I will miss that place. I told Kent today that we need our pic taken in front of the sign there since it was where we met (thanks Paul and Geoff), where we started dating, where we first kissed, and the location for many long talks/romantic moments/movie watching/etc. I am glad dating and engagement will be over in 72 days (I am not psycho, I looked on The Knot website to find out how long it was :). This middle ground is hard and I am ready to be married to Kent, but we are really fighting to enjoy this time and enjoy the moment. Wedding planning is going well, and I think I am done with all big decisions!!! I hope that it is fun and beautiful, but I really my prayer is that each little decision in some way bring the Lord glory and make His name known...so everything from the music sang, to the dress, to the way the food tastes, I want it all to be a reflection of Jesus. Otherwise, we have just spent way too much money on a party that everyone will forget about in a few weeks. Only 30 days left of work before summer vacation. There are some drawbacks to my job, but I think hands down the vacation time cannot be beat! I am really praying this summer is intentional and purposeful. Anyway, this is the most random post ever and all that actually read my blog probably already knew each of these details, but nonetheless, typing while laying in bed sounded appealing tonight. I may regret it when my alarm goes off at 4:45 am to workout...probably not. In all of this, I know that God is good and that even these earthly decisions can get me more of Him and bring Him glory...it's a fight, especially for me who is prone to materialism, control, and selfishness. Pray for me!

This post is poorly written and random, but it's something!!

Good night!

9 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

I am just glad that you updated! 72 days:) I love a good count down!

Sum said...

you would not be psycho even if you were counting down the days on your own. :)

Lauren Williams said...

yea for the update! you are definitely in full swing engagement mode! all the madness will make your honeymoon (and marriage!) that much more wonderful!

The Hunters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hunters said...

all this anticipation makes for a really exciting wedding day where you don't care if all the small details don't work out, you are just so ready to get married, you'de walk down the aisle in a trash bag...
really!
love you
shelly
ps.your save the date cards were beautiful

Suzanne said...

I'm glad you put up a new post! I love to read your blog, especially the way you write. I'll be praying for you and I can't wait until Monday dinner!

jen said...

Hey Kristien....I just found your blog while searching around, you know, reading blogs! I love your writing - and I have loved getting to know you! I am sad that this is our last early Saturday (well, not totally sad about the early part!)...we will definitely have to get together soon!

Nat Pat said...

loved hearing your heart. sometimes random posts are my favorite.

The Ice House said...

loved the update!! It's getting closer!!! Marriage is the best!